Suzuki outboards are designed and engineered to endure some of the harshest Australian maritime conditions. To keep your outboard running at its peak performance, you should always undertake routine inspections and have scheduled servicing performed at an authorised Suzuki Marine Dealership.
Our expertly trained Dealer technicians are fully conversant with the Suzuki Diagnosis System and are best placed to look after your outboard. Our technicians will ensure your outboard engine is serviced and maintained to the highest factory standard, ensuring peace of mind when out on the water.
Routine servicing and maintenance must be completed as per schedule in the owner’s manual. The service history will be maintained and documented in this Owner’s Warranty & Service Record Book.
Service history will be reported to Suzuki Australia for future reference. If service inspections and maintenance are undertaken by non-authorised dealers, this may affect the warranty on the Suzuki Outboard Motor. For your safety it is essential that every operator reads and understands the owner’s manual before attempting to operate the Suzuki outboard motor.
(3-years / unlimited hours with bonus 3-year offer)
Recreational (private use) is deemed as an OBM used by private persons for recreational purposes only. Income producing or other commercial activities whether recreational in nature or otherwise are not considered private use.
- Standard 3-Year manufacturer’s warranty on all engines registered as recreational.
- Owners must adhere to the OBM service schedule whether serviced by an authorised Suzuki dealership or other 3rd party.
- OBMs are eligible for a 3-year bonus warranty period, provided the unit is serviced in accordance with the product service schedule and exclusively by an authorised SAPL dealer using only genuine parts and oils during both manufacturer’s and bonus warranty periods.
- If at any time the service schedule is not adhered to, the OBM will be deemed to be no longer in warranty.
- If at any time the OBM is serviced by a 3rd party or non-genuine parts are used, all remaining bonus warranty will be forfeited.
- 3 + 3 year warranty only applies to OBM warranty registered as Recreational/Private use.
Note: Units first registered as Commercial usage can never be re-registered for Recreational Usage.
Commercial use is deemed as an OBM used for the purposes of income producing or other defined commercial activity.
- 1-year warranty period with no hour stipulation will apply to the OBM if the unit exceeds 1500 hours of use in the first 12 months following warranty registration.
- Commercial warranty will apply to the OBM if the unit is maintained in accordance with the product service schedule and exclusively by an authorised Suzuki Marine dealer or approved service agent using only genuine parts and oils during the warranty period.
- 2-year warranty period with a total maximum of 1500 hours of use will apply to the OBM should the unit not exceeded 1500 hours of use in the first 12 months following warranty registration. Once the unit has exceeded 1500 hours of use in the second year, the OBM will be deemed to be no longer in warranty.
- DF350A is excluded from Commercial warranty.
Government engine is deemed owned by government at any level, by any affiliated agency, income producing or otherwise as approved by SAPL.
- 3-year warranty period with no hour stipulation will apply to an OBM registered as Government use.
- Government warranty will apply to the OBM if the unit is maintained in accordance with the product service schedule and exclusively by an authorised Suzuki Marine dealer or approved service agent using only genuine parts and oils during the warranty period.
- OBMs that are not serviced by an authorised Suzuki dealer or other SAPL appointed service agent, will have any warranty period reduced to coincide with a standard commercial warranty.
- DF350A is excluded from Government warranty.
The second half of the offered warranty periods are limited to the following:
- Power Head Components.
- Engine Mid-Section and Power Trim Tilt.
- Lower Transmission Unit components, not including propellers or propeller bushings.
Note: Electrical components are not covered by the bonus 3-year warranty offer.
Rigging parts fitted such as, but not limited to, gauges, fuel lines, battery leads, wiring harnesses, genuine cables and control boxes are covered by a 3 year warranty for Recreational and Government usage and 1 year for Commercial usage from the date of sale.
All Rigging parts that have been installed prior to the installation of a new Suzuki Outboard Motor (OBM) are not covered by the OBM warranty.
Electrical components such as but not limited to stator, gauges regulator rectifier, fuel pump ignition coils, sensors, ECMs and wiring harnesses are limited to 3 years warranty and 1 year for Commercial use.
The warranty coverage provided shall not apply to:
- The expense of returning the outboard motor to an authorised Suzuki Marine dealer and the expense incurred by that dealer in returning the outboard motor to you.
- Removal of the motor from the boat and subsequent re-installation, mechanic’s travel time and in/out-of-water charges.
- Water entering the outboard via the fuel system, exhaust system or through submersion.
- Damage or failure as a result of corrosion caused by stray current, or outside galvanic activities, such as application of copper-based antifouling paint. (moored boats)
- The failure of any parts caused by lack of cooling water resulting from starting the outboard out of the water, or by foreign material blocking the water inlets, or by the outboard mounted too high on the boat’s transom, or by the outboard being installed in a location or position that prevents, obstructs, or interrupts the required flow of water to the cooling system.
- Growth of Marine organisms on the motor.
- Normal wear parts, such as, but not limited to replacement as part of scheduled maintenance. Items such as rubber parts (except oil seals), spark plugs, fuses, filters, water pump impellers, hoses, cables, starter and power, trim and tilt motor brushes, thermostats, and anodes.
- Other components, adjustments or service items may be advised by the manufacturer from time to time, may be excluded from strict application of the new Suzuki Outboard Motor warranty.
- Normal maintenance services and first inspection service, including but not limited to, oil changes and adjustments to carburettor, fuel injection system, and valve clearances.
- Any unit which has been used for competition or racing purposes.
- Warranty is not available for any items purchased at auction, from an online site where product was not originally purchased from or imported by Suzuki Australia or from an insurance company where they are damaged, have been written off or repaired.
- Any repairs or replacements required as a result of an accident or collision.
- Any defects caused by misuse, negligence, abnormal use, or insufficient care, including without limitation, abnormal piston wear, seizure, bent or broken valves and other drivetrain components.
- Any Suzuki Outboard Motor that has been modified or altered, including without limitation, the installation of performance accessories and fitment of non-genuine parts.
- Any defect attributable to the installation of parts or accessories not approved by SAPL, especially with respect to electrical components or other items.
- Any Suzuki Outboard Motor which has not received, during the entirety of the warranty term, the mandatory maintenance inspections as prescribed at specific intervals as listed in the Owner’s manual or as exists resultant to advice from SAPL. This would also be pertinent in consideration of any special claims that may arise.
- Any Suzuki Outboard Motor that has received maintenance service using non-genuine replacement parts performed by other than an authorised SAPL Service Dealer (unless specified by SAPL).
- The provisions afforded under the new Suzuki Outboard Motor warranty are available to the currently registered Suzuki Outboard Motor owner only. This also applies to demonstrator units. However, warranty title may be transferred with proper authority from SAPL.
- Any Suzuki Outboard Motor which has not been rigged correctly, has incorrect propeller fitment, been deemed to have been operated beyond its design intent, i.e. over loading, immersion in liquids or exposure to extreme operating environments.
- Component failure due to misuse, abuse, abnormal operation, lack of precaution maintenance applied given the type of usage or conditions experienced.
- This warranty does not cover any incidental and/or consequential loss or damages.
Spare Parts Warranty Policy
Genuine Parts, Accessories and Rigging Parts fitted by an authorised SAPL Dealer are covered by a 12-month warranty period against defects of manufacture.
Genuine Parts, Accessories and Rigging Parts purchased from an authorised SAPL Dealer are covered by a 12 month warranty period against defects of manufacture. In the event of failure, a replacement part or accessory may be provided however, SAPL will not cover any installation costs.
Electrical components such as but not limited to: stator, regulator rectifier, fuel pump ignition coils spark plugs and wiring harnesses have no warranty coverage.
All Genuine Parts and Accessories sold by SAPL are designed to comply with OBMs manufactured specifically for the Australian market. Any Genuine Parts or Accessories fitted to imported outboard motors will not be covered by warranty.
Your Consumer Rights
The benefits given to you in this manufacturer’s warranty are in addition to, and do not detract from, any rights and remedies that you may have under Australian consumer protection laws. Our goods come with certain guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This warranty is provided by Suzuki Australia Pty Limited (SAPL) (ACN# 001 828 164) of 97-105 Cherry Lane, Laverton North, VIC 3026.